"Find hungry samurai" -Gisaku

Hyperion Nation member Trey sent me this scan, a newspaper article about the Turkish STAR WARS.






It is probably difficult to read, so I'll tell you that the movie is officially titled

Dünyayi kurtaran adam


Or in English, "The Man who Saves the World." Apparently, the movie "borrows" footage from STAR WARS, as well as many other movies, and sound-tracks as well, and is cheerfully considered one of the worst films ever made.

Sadly, Hyperion was too busy to see it when it played here, but I was wondering, have any of you seen this film? If so, email me and tell me how it was. I'll post any interesting reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'VE SEEN IT!!!

It was so outrageously bad that you could help but laugh until you hurt, and also feel bad for the Turks if this is the best their cinema has to offer.

They borrow some of the outer-space shots from Star Wars and some of their sound effects. The main character sorta looks like Erik Estrada. One scene featured the male characters wearing shirts with nipple cut-outs. I don't remember too much of it because I was laughing so hard I think I killed some brain cells.